- Our plan is to develop full-frame lenses for Sony E mount, and in the future we will have more E mount lenses. But it takes time. Normally it takes about two years to develop one lens, sometimes three. So even if I start the process now, the lens might come out in two years time.
- Weather sealing isn’t a lot of work.
- Custom machinery had to be designed to make the glass for the 12-24mm, which allowed them to make a 14mm f/1.8 later.
- The perception of Sigma is changing. Now the brand gets more respect for quality glass.
- They don’t want to grow too quickly.
- Data on the Cine lens market isn’t good, so entering it is a gamble, but their lenses are designed for 8k.
- Sigma must release lenses that add to the photographic community.
You can read the full interview at DPReview